Vancouver Whitecaps FC are in tough this week in Major League Soccer play as they travel to Montreal to face the Impact. Here are 5 things the Caps need this week:
1) The healthy and rekindled play of Andy O’Brien and Johnny Leverón. If the Caps do anything to rebuild playoff hopes and aspirations, they’ll need both to be better than they have been in varied roles.
2) Camilo Sanvezzo and Kenny Miller need to score a goal. The last time they scored, the Caps won. Pressure is on to start producing.
3) Russell Teibert needs to get back to his helpful ways. He’s managed just two assists since returning from the CONCACAF Gold Cup. He needs to be the straw that stirs the drink.
4) An unsung hero to lead them. No centre back has scored for the Whitecaps this season, that’s a start. Perhaps Nigel Reo-Coker can finally pitch in with a goal.
5) A win. Anything less is not good enough for a team hoping to make the 2013 MLS playoffs.